Monday, October 17, 2016

A decade of mothering

"The days are long but the years are short"

This saying has been told to me many times. It's true, but I'm trying to not let it be so. 
I'm really trying to cherish the hours and days, even the frustrating and exhausting ones. I love this season of life that we're in: learning how to love one another better, expanding our minds, practicing grace, eating meals and reading books together, growing in our love and knowledge of God. It really is a beautiful thing. The other night I remembered back to those first messy years of motherhood when many days I could not wait for bedtime to come. "Mothering well" felt so overwhelming. 
Oh, how good God is. He has brought me into this wide open space of enjoying what is before me...He has surrounded me with encouraging voices from women who affirm what He is doing in me and through me...and He has helped me to hang on to the truth that learning how to be like Jesus is a life long journey, and it's ok that I don't have it figured out...and that my kids don't either.


We celebrated TEN this week. Ten years of growing and learning. Ten years of living! I'm so excited to see what is in store for Isabella. God is going to use her to do some mighty things.






Isabella's request for the day was a big family breakfast with presents followed by a family day. Jason took the morning off work and we all went to Purina Farms, which was a great outing for an animal loving girl.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words sis. Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete